rig-monitor 3.x installation instructions
- sqlite3 – This is required by grafana to store metadata. Installation instructions in grafana installation step
- Python 2.7 (optional). Only needed if you are planning to use the TP-Link HS110 smart-plugs
- influxDB 1.5.2
- Grafana 5.1.2
- Download and installation instructions for version 1.5.2 are here
- Configure influxDB. Edit /etc/influxdb/influx.conf file. Make sure the following options are set:
[http] section enabled = true bind-address = 8086
- Login to influxDB using the influx client
- Create and select rig-monitor DB
create database rigdata use rigdata
- Create user and grant permissions to grafana user
create user grafana with password 'grafana' grant all privileges to grafana
- Download Grafana 5.1.2 and installation instructions here. For arm-based devices download it here.
- Install grafana. Instructions for the different target platforms here.
- Configure grafana. Edit /etc/grafana/grafana.ini file. Make sure the following options are set:
[database] section type = sqlite3 [security]section admin_user = admin admin_password = admin [auth.basic] section enabled = true
- Setup grafana datasource:
- Name: rigdata
- Type: influxBD
- UTL: http://localhost:8086
- Access: Server
- Database: rigdata
- User: grafana
- Password: grafana
Download the latest version from here
Each package includes the following files:
- grm/conf/config.toml – rig-monitor configuration file
- grm/grm-<version> – rig-monitor executable
- grm/external/tplink.py – external script for polling TP-link HS110 smart plugs
- grm/dashboards/Mining Overview.json – Dashboard
import Grafana dashboard
Login to Grafana, hover over the “plus” (+) sign on the left vertical bar and select import.
Click on the “Upload json File” and load the Mining Overview Dashboard 3.0 – <time stamp>.json file stored in under the grm/dashboards dir.
Before running rig-monitor you must configure the following sections of the config.toml file:
- Grafana settings under [grafana] section. See configuration file for details.
- influxDb setting under [influxDb] section. See configuration file for details.
- Profitability settings [profitability] section. See configuration file for details.
- pool (poolList) and rig (rigList) lists under the [main] section. See configuration file for details.
adjusting currency in market chart
If you are using a currency other that EUR then you should adjust the field name in the Market chart.
- Go the Grafana and edit the Market chart
- Change the filed names for both currency quote and market cap queries e.g. for USD you’d change the fields to price_usd and market_cap_usd respectively
- Configure Rig Reset Triggers
- Configure SSH or Team Viewer Launch from Grafana Dashboard
- Configure Grafana Alerts via Telegram
- Running rig-monitor in a Private Network and Accessing it from the Internet
troubleshooting and support
For troubleshooting and support check here.
Did you enjoy this post? Buy me a beer